PONENTE: A Multicenter, Open-label, Phase 3b Efficacy and Safety Study of Benralizumab 30 mg Administered Subcutaneously to Reduce Oral Corticosteroid Use in Adult Patients With Severe Eosinophilic Asthma on High Dose Inhaled Corticosteroid Plus Long-acting β2 Agonist and Chronic Oral Corticosteroid Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Jan 2019
At a glance
- Drugs Benralizumab (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PONENTE
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 18 Sep 2018 According to an AstraZeneca median release, Professor Andrew Menzies-Gow, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine and Director, Lung Division, Royal Brompton Hospital, is the principle investigator of the trial
- 18 Sep 2018 According to an AstraZeneca median release, first patient has been enrolled in this study. Trial completion is anticipated in 2020.
- 08 Aug 2018 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting.