A phase 3 pivotal study of XEN496, a Kv7 potassium channel modulator for the potential treatment of KCNQ2 epileptic encephalopathy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 Nov 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Retigabine (Primary)
- Indications Epilepsy
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- 06 Nov 2018 According to a Xenon Pharmaceuticals media release, investigational new drug application is expected to be submitted in the first half of 2019.
- 17 Sep 2018 New trial record
- 06 Sep 2018 According to a Xenon Pharmaceuticals media release, based on the feedback from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the company plans to initiate this pivotal study is expected to start in mid 2019. Additional details like, trial design, dosing, and endpoints, the protocol development for this study are anticipated in the coming months.