A Phase 2a Clinical Trial of of VAR 200 (2-hydroxypropyl-ß-cyclodextrin, or HPßCD) in Adult Patients with Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 03 Dec 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Hydroxypropyl betadex (Primary)
- Indications Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 03 Dec 2018 According to a Variant Pharmaceuticals media release, the company has secured $10 Million in financing from Korean company, Incon, in exchange for equity ownership. The funding will be used for the execution of this trial.
- 24 Oct 2018 New trial record
- 10 Oct 2018 According to a Variant Corporate presentation (Q4-2018), the dose and proposed clinical endpoints for this trial are acceptable by the FDA.The IND filing is expected in late Q1-2019 and the trial is anticipated to start in Q2-2019.