A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Phase I Study to Compare the Pharmacokinetics of Intravaginal Dapivirine Gel 4750, 0.05%, 2.5g and Dapivirine Gel 4789, 0.05%, 2.5g Formulations and to Assess the Safety as Compared to the Intravaginal HEC [hydroxyethylcellulose]-Based Universal Placebo Gel, 2.5g in Healthy HIV-Negative Women.
Phase of Trial: Phase I
Latest Information Update: 22 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Drugs Dapivirine (Primary)
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Pharmacokinetics
- 22 Jun 2010 Results have been published in the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes.
- 11 Feb 2009 Results have been presented at CROI 2009.
- 25 Feb 2008 New trial record.