A 4-Week, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Trial To Evaluate The Efficacy And Safety Of Saxagliptin In Comparison To Placebo As Add On Treatment To Metformin XR In Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Who Have Inadequate Glycemic Control With Diet And Exercise And A Stable Dose Of Metformin of at least 1500 mg/Day.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Oct 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Saxagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 18 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 92 to 220.
- 31 Aug 2010 Results published in Current Medical Research and Opinion.
- 31 Aug 2010 Primary endpoint 'Glucose level' has been met according to results published in Current Medical Research and Opinion.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History