A Randomised, Open-label, Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Afatinib (BIBW 2992) Versus Intravenous Methotrexate in Patients With Recurrent and/or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Who Have Progressed After Platinum-based Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Afatinib (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Head and neck cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LUX-Head and Neck-1
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Feb 2017 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 01 Aug 2016 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jul 2016 to 1 Jan 2017.
- 15 Apr 2016 Results of subgroup analysis published in the Annals of Oncology