A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Double Blind, Double-Dummy, Parallel-Group, Comparative Study to Determine the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Ceftazidime Avibactam Plus Metronidazole Versus Meropenem in the Treatment of Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections In Hospitalized Adults
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Avibactam/ceftazidime (Primary) ; Metronidazole (Primary) ; Meropenem
- Indications Bacterial infections; Intra-abdominal infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms RECLAIM3
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 28 Jun 2016 According to AstraZeneca media release, the European Commission has granted marketing authorisation for Zavicefta (ceftazidime-avibactam, previously known as CAZ AVI), a new combination antibiotic for the treatment of patients with serious Gram-negative bacterial infections requiring hospitalisation.
- 23 Jun 2016 Results published in an Allergen media release.
- 23 Jun 2016 Primary endpoint (The Proportion of Patients With Clinical Cure at the Test of Cure (TOC) Visit in the Clinically Evaluable (CE) Analysis Set.) has been met, as reported in an Allergen media release.