A Randomised, Open-label, Phase III Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Afatinib (BIBW 2992) Versus Intravenous Methotrexate in Patients With Recurrent and/or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Who Have Progressed After Platinum-based Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Afatinib (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LUX-Head and Neck-3
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 18 Oct 2017 Planned number of patients changed from 330 to 340.
- 18 Oct 2017 Planned End Date changed from 28 Nov 2018 to 28 Jan 2019.
- 18 Oct 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 28 Feb 2018 to 30 Apr 2018.