A Randomized, Double-blind Phase 3 Study of Vadastuximab Talirine (SGN-CD33A) Versus Placebo in Combination With Azacitidine or Decitabine in the Treatment of Older Patients With Newly Diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Vadastuximab talirine (Primary) ; Azacitidine; Decitabine
- Indications Acute myeloid leukaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CASCADE
- Sponsors Seattle Genetics
- 19 Jun 2017 According to a company media release, Seattle Genetics is discontinuing this trial following consultation with the Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) and after reviewing unblinded data on June 16, 2017. The data indicated a higher rate of deaths, including fatal infections in the vadastuximab talirine-containing arm versus the control arm of the trial. Seattle Genetics is suspending patient enrollment and treatment in all of its vadastuximab talirine clinical trials.
- 19 Jun 2017 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued, according to a Seattle Genetics media release.
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated